TRANSPARENCY, ROI, AND COMPLIANCE: FINANCE AND LEGAL ROLES IN TICKETS
In an environment of heightened anti-corruption enforcement – which has led to billions of dollars of fines and penalties over the last few years – companies run the risk of triggering anti-corruption laws if their marketing and entertainment expenditures cross a line into conduct that could be characterized as bribery.
— David W. Simon, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Nobody feels the risk and downside of sports tickets more than Finance & Accounting. All too often the information on who when to what game, for what purpose, and to what end is impossible to pull together.
The answer to the bottomless money pit that is an internally built system or a disaster of an Excel spreadsheet kept half-heartedly in a regional office. With TicketManager. Finance and Accounting Executives tackle:
FEDERAL COMPLIANCE AND TAX AUDITS
ELIMINATE COSTLY INTERNAL SYSTEMS
- Too many firms spend inordinate sums of capital and resources maintaining a proprietary system. These systems:
- Cost too much. More than 10x TicketManager
- Do not achieve goals
- Staff does not use or like them
- The data is not uniform and cannot be trusted
CRM AND E-MAIL INTEGRATION
- Put your tickets directly into the business software your team already uses.
- Request tickets direct from salesforce.com. Click Here to Learn More
- Find and request tickets straight from your Outlook inbox
- Drive more usage with higher ROI
- Execute a process similar to what is already being done with spends like Travel and procurement
AD HOC PURCHASING
- Staff is buying tickets all over the place and trying to qualify as “Travel and Entertainment” Expense
- Company tickets go unused while staffers buy tickets for the same or competing events
- The end result is a tracking nightmare
- Check out the TicketManager Ticket Portal for answers on how you can centralize and automate all purchases on our Box Office page.
See why top businesses
rely on the power and convenience of TicketManager